8800gs selection: XFX vs EVGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am a bit unsure of Palit....but is a bouble slot card anyways...and is newegg, they don't like us Canadians there and keep refusing to ship to us :p

well, even though the prices are very tempting I think I'll hold out for a super deal on either a 9600gt or an 8800gt over the next month. I saw the 9600gt at $130 after MIR a couple of weeks ago, wish i'd picked one up then. Ah well...

[edit] how does the EVGA step up work? They credit me for the value of my card when I bought it or when I want to step up? and who's value do they go by, whats on their page?[/edit]

I got the evga. 3 Reasons to get it over the xfx.

1) It has an adjustable fan, so you can turn it down when your not gaming so your computer doesnt sound like a jet.
2) It has a better type of memory in it which can overclock farther then the XFX's.
3)Evga is a better company

Does this apply to all eVGA GPUs?

XFX will hold it's value longer than an evga card will. Step up program is just another marketing gimmick to screw a consumer over. XFX is the better company. Like Mgcook stated they will cover anything that happens to the card. As long as its not a hard modded you can rma it all day, even if it's your fault. Go check the prices of XFX vs EVGA. It's a win/win situation.

Well, think i'm going to break my single card slot rule. What do i need two PCI slots for anyways? lol

The galaxy 8800gt is $145+ change and free S&H so will splurge a bit above budget and get that one i think.

I had one of these last month for $165 but a friend offered me $190 for it so I dumped it with the plans of going SLI 9600 on my own...lol, could have just kept it for my wifes build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom