8800 gts vs gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Well it looks like my 3 month old 1650pro gave up the ghost today. Just dropped 900 on upgrading the box to a q6600 and 4 gig of ram, my question is, should i not be able to get the video card back up and running, is it worth the extra 250ish to go from the gts 320 to the gtx?

With 4G's of Ram I'm assuming you're running a 64 bit OS?
BTW - what's the details on your rig there?

The GTS should be able to handle 98 percent of games out there and with 4m of RAM on your side and a q6600, I'd say you're in pretty good shape.

Kind of depends what your goals are. If you're an enthusiast, then a GTX is certainly nice to own but keep in mind that the g9xxx series will be out before year's end. It is yet to be seen how a game like Crysis will perform with a GTS vs. GTX so if you want to be on the safe side GTX is the way to go. As for myself...I'm just gonna pinch pennies, get the GTS and sit on it for a year till there's enough games out to strain it, then upgrade to the next nicest card out there at the time.

Turns out the video card is working fine, but the dvi port on the monitor is acting up. So for the moment i'll just bide my time until the 9800's come out or at least a price list does.

GTX will own a GTS anyday of the week

i have a GTX, but its on ebay now. hopefully i'll get out of it what i have in it, and i'm stepping up to an XFX 8800 Ultra XXX

GTX will own a GTS anyday of the week

i have a GTX, but its on ebay now. hopefully i'll get out of it what i have in it, and i'm stepping up to an XFX 8800 Ultra XXX

Why, when the 9 series is down the road?

btw, can someone link me to a site that shows me what all the letters mean. Like, I know what is better, as in Go and GS are crap, lol, GTX is the best, GT is **** good etc etc, but a while ago when i was looking @ cards I found a site that explained what everything meant for both nvidia and ATI. Does anyone have a link?

Cheers,
Sydz

yeah i know the order, i just want to know what they all mean etc. there was an awesome site that i found which explained it all, but i cant find it again ="(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom