$800 Limit for new build, please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio1080

In Runtime
I'm looking for a new build computer for school this fall for computer science. I looking at the AMD Athlon 64 X2. I want to spend at least $800 on it. Also, I don't know much on overclocking and don't plan on doing any gaming, I have a PS3 for that. But plan on getting a HD monitor. I like it to also hold music too. I also shop at newegg. As soon as you guys are done, I'm planning on ordering.

If you don't plan on gaming at all, what do you intend to do? If it's just for school work and internet stuff, then you can get a computer for like $400-500.

why not the try a c2d build? it seems everybody is making c2d computers
also, a decent pentium4 computer will suffice your needs

P4 can suffice, but theres not much room for future upgrades.

He can get something like:

X2 3600+ Brisbane or the 4200+
A motherboard with onboard video, since he doesn't game on the computer
1GB of ram
FSP (Fortron) 400W power supply
Seagate 7200.10 320GB 16mb cache
and a DVD burner

And it would cost like $400-500

okok, so I did a little game on the side like downloading Halo and some Gunbound, I may pick on a RPG on in the future. Also, since this will be my first build, I intend to keep upgrading it for future purposes.

what about the graphic and video card, and will AMD Athon 3600 be enough?

Sorry I made a mistake in the links. I fixed it already. The 3600 is enough for what you'll be doing, because you're not doing any heavy gaming. To save you more money, you can go for 1GB of ram, and a 7600GT. That will shave off probably $100.

what about a good network card and ethernet slots, something that runs at 10/100/1000. Also how long do you think this computer will last me, I'm planning on doing a lot of downloading and storing of music. Oh and will Windows Vista run well on this computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom