$800 dollars for PC(building)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candle12

Beta member
This will be my first build, so I don't want to spend that much money. I have limited my budget to around $800 dollars.
What can I possibly get for $800 dollars?

The computer would be used for gaming.

Also, I'm using a really old computer right now - Intel Celeron Processor 600Mhz with 319 MB of RAM. If I decided to buy a new video card and more memory; do you think this POS computer would support them without the case overheating and eventually having the computer break?
What would be a good video card?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, Kitire!

I will definitely consider going with that setup.

Any other suggestions?

I'd say Kitire spelled it out for you :)

If you could flex a little more out of your wallet you could buy a much more solid case and PSU though. Possibly a DFI motherboard for OCing too

Kitire said:

Just something about the 6800gs. That $20 rebate doesn't apply unless you buy an evga motherboard, too. The $10 rebate does apply however.

But overall, he put a good build together for you.

I would like to recommend the MSI K8N Neo4-F motherboard. It's $80 at newegg. Also, for the psu, I would recommend antec, enermax, ocz, and fortron.

Good luck with the build. I just finished my first build.

newcement said:
Just something about the 6800gs. That $20 rebate doesn't apply unless you buy an evga motherboard, too. The $10 rebate does apply however.

But overall, he put a good build together for you.

I would like to recommend the MSI K8N Neo4-F motherboard. It's $80 at newegg. Also, for the psu, I would recommend antec, enermax, ocz, and fortron.

Good luck with the build. I just finished my first build.

Oh, thought it was weird they had two rebates so i clicked on the 20$ one, and my pdf to html plug-in wasnt working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom