7970 black edition or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fx 8150 is pretty comparable to the 2600k. And since microsoft has announced that issues with windows is what caused performance issues, it can be said that they aren't as bad as first perceived.

That's great to know! Thanks a bunch! i'll probably end up buying the 8150 if they aren't that different, because it's much cheaper and leaves me with a better conscience than buying the more expensive intel CPU. (sorry slaymate xD)

At the present time the 8150 is a far cry from the 2600K and 2500K. And I would wait to see how well that "fix" works, the 1st fix didn't fare that well.

Yea, all I can say is, if you already have the amd motherboard there, go for the 8150. If your doing a full new setup, go intel. And testing showed that the fix seemed to increase performance about 15% which put it on par with the intel competition (2500k, 2600k).

Microsoft pulled the fix because it was crap, however I think another new fix is available or it may have been released for testing.

The fix wasn't working for everyone. Some reported gains and some saw nothing. They are supposedly trying to get this feature that the CPUs benefit from I'm

Implemented into windows. Sorry for split post I'm on an apple device right now which is slow... iPod touch gen 4 of all things...

Posting from a mobile device is no excuse for double posting. I post from my Android all the time and the edit function works just fine.

If your buying a 7970 then buying a AMD cpu is like deliberately bottlenecking it. It's like putting a Chevy engine in a Ferrari. Sure it will still run fast but it's never going to go as fast as it could. Buy a i7 2600K or a new i7 3930K and play with the big boys :thumbsup:

I'm surprised I can still smell the truth through the stank of the fanboyesque overtones.

dear wallet. i feel sorry for you. i guess i'll have to go with intel and then buy the 7970 BE when it comes out. Thanks guys. thanks a lot.

I'm surprised I can still smell the truth through the stank of the fanboyesque overtones.

I've owned plenty of AMD cpu's, but at the present time AMD's newest cpu is a dud. That's not fanboyism, that reality. One patch was released to help fix what maybe a software problem, but it was a dud also. Now there's a new patch available but I haven't heard any news on its performance. If this second patch works and AMD's newest cpu turns into a winner I'll be more than happy to recommend it, but until there's proof I will continue to steer people away from them.

@Slaymate, If you would have put it like that originally may-be.

It's never going to run as fast as it could? Oh so there will never be a software patch that will fix what seems to be a software related problem? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom