7970 black edition or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i plan to keep it as long as possible. this is going to be THE ultimate build for me. for the rest of this year, probably through college, and even after that. The computer will always be strong, just won't (probably) support the modern games 7 years from now, or well atleast.

so i'm going to assume i'm going to want to get XFX BE if i want it to last a long time. and lifetime upon registration... on their website? so basically, if it dies, i can get a new one but if that one dies too i can't?

IF you are anything like me that computer will last 2-3 years and you'll be salivating to upgrade. The PC I had 5 years ago was damn good, but I've upgraded 3 times since then. Just because I can't NOT upgrade. It's a sickness really. lol

Haha you try to build it future proof, but all these nice new things come out and you cant help yourself

the truth is, i made a new computer last year, and now i'm drooling over all this new stuff, especially because of the feedback i'm getting from windows 8 and how it operates using more than one core (could be wrong, but still). I have a dual core and i'm find that to be very inefficient.

Anyway, thanks for input. i'm going to settle with the BEDD (probably) when its back on sale (hopefully).

if anything, a CPU could bottleneck the performance of the graphics so i'll just upgrade CPU from now on if i buy the BE

I'm pretty sure the thing they are talking about with windows 8 is multi core bootup. And yeah I've tried windows 8 and the bootup is fast. But if you have an ssd windows 7 would be fine. I actually prefer windows 7 over windows 8 cause the metro UI is annoying to use and takes more time to do things. For example shutting down takes double the time now because of the lack of start menu...

If you only have a dual core cpu then you need to upgrade it before you buy a 7970.

What are your present system specifications?

i'm currently making a completely new build. i don't have a CPU/motherboard yet. i have the RAM, Case, and power supply already. Which are:

Antec 1200
power supply: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

and this thread is mainly for the GPU

I'm debating on getting the bulldozer series, but the "pile drivers" are coming in later this year so i'm not sure if i should buy now or later. right now its looking like later.

If your buying a 7970 then buying a AMD cpu is like deliberately bottlenecking it. It's like putting a Chevy engine in a Ferrari. Sure it will still run fast but it's never going to go as fast as it could. Buy a i7 2600K or a new i7 3930K and play with the big boys :thumbsup:

Meh. we'll see. i cannot afford the 3930 if i'm going to buy the 7970, so im probably going to settlel with the 2600. only time will tell.

The fx 8150 is pretty comparable to the 2600k. And since microsoft has announced that issues with windows is what caused performance issues, it can be said that they aren't as bad as first perceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom