7800 gtx or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok i want to go ahead and buy the 7800 gtx tomorrow but i was wondering if i shoudl wait till the new cards come out or just upgrade now. if i do upgrade now i will sli 7800 gtx later when it goes down in price anyway but how soon shoudl hte new cards come out anyway?

this question pops up every single time a new card comes out.........the 7800 just freakin came out dude! Why are you already talking about 'should I wait until the next cards'

that's what people asked when the 6xxx series first came out and look how long it took for the next series...why do people ask this when the new cards JUST came out

sorry lol i wasnt sure how long it had been out :p ill go ahead and order the 7800 then :)

I would just go for a 6800 GT and wait until next generation to do a complete rebuild. The 6800 GT has major legs and still has a lot of life left in it. DX10 is comming in 2006, and IMO the 7800 series is just a waste of money. DX10 will be more vital for future games than Shader 3.0 is.

SHAWN said:
Hey beedub, can they make the 6xxx series dx10 compatible or are there going to have to be a new fleet of cards?

DX10 is going to be a hardware improvement, the same as DX9 was from DX8.1. There will need to be DX10 cards released.

Yeah, I agree with beedubaya... DX10 cards will be the next episode in videocard wars... Also with Windows Vista around the corner, 512MB cards will start to be more popular. (Source have said, "Vista will require at least 128MB of vRAM"

Plus, There are rumors of ATi puttin' 800Mhz cores in x1800s - Those will be OC'ed to 1000Mhz... Before you know it, yo'll have 1Ghz cores and 2 Ghz DDR4

Yea, but they only have 16 pipes which has been mentioned so much the past couple of days. I'm skeptical about that.

o well i just bought the xfx 7800 gtx at 490/1300 which will be here by thursday. im sure i will be happy with it and its not like i have to have the new cards right when they come out. plus im not going to upgrade to vista imeadiatly so its not a big deal. maybe after vista is out a while and they have come out with some good cards ill upgrade again but for now this should be fine. also i know alot of you dont like xfx please dont rant on me i have used xfx cards since i got my new pc and have never had any problems with them and i have friends with the same experiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom