7800 GT's Slight Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkk

Baseband Member
I'm gonna get a 7800 GT, but I see that there are a few choices....

It starts with this base:

eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256-P2-N515: $345

Then there are different models adding to the last numbers..

N516: $339
N517: $359
N518: $369

I'm not quite clear on the differences, I see the NF18 seems to be overclocked a little bit, but I also think it has something to do with box content extras...

Can anyone make sense of it all? Give an opinion? Value/Cost?

Also, there are some rebates with some of em.

Here's the page with the four of em on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814130247,N82E16814130249&SubCategory=48

well I can see why NV17 would be the most expensive cause it's got the fastest core and memory speed (although the memory is tied with the one below it) but I don't understand why the NV18 is as it is considering it says 445mhz core and 1070Mhz memory which is what the cheapest one also says.

But with the NV17 you also get COD2 free assuming you register at evga so that'd be worth the extra cash IMO.

Other than those couple of differences, all the things that come in the box should come in all of them

couple of the reviews of the NV16 say it actually runs at 470MHz core and not 460Mhz like newegg said...and most encountered artifacts until they got 'the correct BIOS' from evga

newegg shows them all...i was lookin at em all 2 cuz i was sorta confused....basically each one just has a faster clock speed and i think two have a different box content....not sure though...just newegg it up

anyone know if it is possible to buy any of the extra cables or anything seperate from the actual card outside of the box?

From eVGA or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom