7600gs problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr34ky

!!GAMER!!
OKay so i got a 7600gs about two weeks ago and it was not working, so i RMA-ed my 8 month old Biostar 6100-m9 and got it back and it booted with the card and then frooze as it was before.It looks like when ur computer frezzes and u drag a window around your screen and it leaves a trail of that screen, but is all over the screen.i got it to work for about an hour.Ran 3dmark05,scored:3905.But then it did the freeze thing.It cant be windows becuase most the time it freezes is when it is booting.Before COmputer posts it says nvidia 7600gs, the normal stuff.It haves trouble even booting.My original board didnt boot as often with 7600 as this newer board does.I tryed to update bios on last board but didnt help i will try on this newer board.Iam going to RMA this card but was wondering if ANYBODY can HELP ME PLZZZ!!!
system specs:
3200+ venice@2.5ghz
Biostar 6100m9
1gb OCZ platinum
3dfuzion 7600gs 256mb PCIx
some coolmax PSU 400watt(tested with another computer w/gfx in and worked fine.That computer had intergrated gfx like this mobo)

Yeah I did but I cant get into windows but only every so often.Most the time it doesnt boot past the posting screen.

Nah there cheap but decent for price.Plus its a brand new mobo only 2 days old.I went on nvidia forums and i guess theres alot of problems with this card.Iam almost positive its not drivers,anyways thanks for suggestions iam mailing it back(the gfx card) Thank god i can always rely on newegg:)

baronvongogo said:
can you get in safe mode to remove the drivers and install the new ones?

could be a mobo problem BIOSTAR are the cheap and nasty ones arnt they?

Nah, biostar aren't cheap mobos, they are cheap in price though, ive had mine since like last feb/mar and its been flawless, also a reason why i went with a biostar 7600gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom