7600 GT or x1800 GTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz0r

Baseband Member
7600GT OR X1800GTO

well im puzzled, these cards are at the same price range and both are one or two off the top ranges, 7900 and x1900, both have had excellent reviews, although i have seen more on the nvidia, i think nvidia had hdtv out, not sure bout the ati but i currently have a...are you ready?

pentium 4: 1.5ghz
random mobo
saphire 9200 se 128mb
640mb value ram

i never overclock and i get bout 80 fps on cod2 multiplayer, just enough to be half decent, i can play hl2 but its hard work with all the loadin screens, but anyways the point is i love my g card, its served me well n i just installed a nvidia for a friend and its bout the same level graphics as my pc when hes got a 3.2 ghz p4, shocking, so i am debating, (for my new system) whether to make the switch to nvidia as well as switching to AMD.i have an incling i should jump to the other side of the road. advice please? or better g cards for same price if poss lol.

Is this a bought system? If so, then I would save your money and buy a new system. of course you build it yourself to save money... if you game the go 79-- ATI is not bad and I used the for years, so I'm not biased... It just seems that Nvidia is more up to date on the newer tech. (just my 2.5 cents) A lot will depend on what you do with your machine. if gaming is your thing.... AMD and a decent Nvidia gpu... but then others will hack away at this post.... :) but that's what this is for.... to get multiple perspective... :)

80FPS in CoD2? With everything turned down @ 640x480? Has to be, cause with everything turned up @ 1024x768, I only get about 40-50FPS. You've propably got it running in DirectX7 mode?

yea direct x7, lot faster, also that g card not for my old system lol, gettin ridda this peace of junk, gettin dual core amd. mainly for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom