6600 GT variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

langers

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I have finally taken the plunge and decided to upgrade my g card, i think my setup is powerful enough on its own and really I just need a new card.

p4 2.8 ghz,
1 gig ram
currently ati 9600 128 megs.

Ive been looking about and wondered if there is actually much diffirence in the various Nvidia 6600gt based cards?

I have elected for the XFX 256 meg card.

Should I see much improvement over the current 9600 card?

perhaps I didnt make this clear... the card is an XFX Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 256 meg.

Ive done a bit of google work on this card and its apprently one of the best our there.

They are stating that the card itself comes at comparible operation speeds to an over clocked version.... but with a warranty.

I will let you know how it goes.

dont waste your money on an 6600 gt 256. The extra 128mb over the regualr 6600gt wont make a diff. how much it is? cuase the regular 6600gt is only around 130-150 so fi this card is in the 190-200 or more range look at the 6800GS apperently way better then the regular 6600gt almost as good as the 6800 gt.

Apparantly, there are many people who have problems with xfx, but not me. My 6600gt xfx clocks like hell and my friend's 6800 gt xfx also. In Belgium it's regarded as one of the best brands to take. There are just to many people who have had bad luck with xfx.

Well if you're going with a 6600GT, just go with a evga, leadtek, gigabyte, or chaintech. Don't go with a 256Mb, as you can buy a 6800GS off newegg for relatively the same price.

I would agree with PcMe, go with evga if you'd like. That xfx is still a nice card regardless of what these noobs say. Have fun with the new card!

you guys if he is upgrading his video card from a 9600, i dont think he has pcie16 and obviously a 6800GS doesnt come in AGP, so your best bang for your bucks is a 6800 especially when you unlock the pipelines and vertex shader :)

PZEROFGH said:
you guys if he is upgrading his video card from a 9600, i dont think he has pcie16 and obviously a 6800GS doesnt come in AGP, so your best bang for your bucks is a 6800 especially when you unlock the pipelines and vertex shader :)
Oh yeah, didn't see that :cool:
6800 would be really nice, but if he's on a really tight budget, the 6600GT would work fine.
It sort of comes down to whether he's going to overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom