6600 GT to a 6800 GT is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwood06

Baseband Member
Thinking about going from a 6600 GT to a 6800 GT cause i still have a AGP slot and thinking i should upgrade for the new games then save all the rest for a new PC.

System Specs:
p4 3.0ghz 487 pin 800 fsb
2 Gigabyte RAM
Chaintech 9CJS Zenith
120 gigabyte HD WD
Acer 1722r LCD monitor

Some Reccomendations why or why not would be really helpfull, thanks.

lol thats good i was just wondering if its worth the 250 some odd dollers for one ya know

yea well i was thinking about it...but then i was like...why not just wait a while and upgrade my mobo and cpu...and just get a pci-e card :p

but my pc is a little older than yours :p

I personally don't think it's worth it. The 6600GT is still a good card. AGP is being phased out and the 6800GT AGP is hard to find, and overpriced. If you went PCI-E, you could get a 7800GT for $299. I would wait and save some more money and get a new mobo and maybe processor so that way you can get a PCI-E card, which will last you a lot longer and you will pay less.

Riceball said:
I personally don't think it's worth it. The 6600GT is still a good card. AGP is being phased out and the 6800GT AGP is hard to find, and overpriced. If you went PCI-E, you could get a 7800GT for $299. I would wait and save some more money and get a new mobo and maybe processor so that way you can get a PCI-E card, which will last you a lot longer and you will pay less.

I agree. Get stuck with another agp....not good. Wait and do a complete upgrade.

I'd save up for all new equipment, Which is what im doing :) Unless you dont want to have to wait and what not. But I think it would be better in the end.

I actually think your processor is fine. It definitely won't bottleneck your graphics card, unless you get a 7800GTX 512mb or an X1800XT, then it might bottleneck. I would just get the motherboard and a decent graphics card that will last you for a couple of years. If you plan on getting a whole new setup fairly soon, then you might want to hold off with the 6600GT you have now because it's still a good card. It's really up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom