Is a 600w power supply enough?

bL4cKh4T

Baseband Member
I'm upgrading my video card in a few days to an amd rx 480 and it said that I need a 500w power supply minimum, would a 600w power supply be enough or should I go for the 750w? I also have an amd fx 6300 six core CPU but I'm buying an aftermarket heatsink for it so I can overclock it to 4.3 ghz, I have 8 GB system ram and 3 hdd's and was just wondering about the PSU. thanks for the help!

I was asking because I wanted to see if the 600w was enough for my hardware in my PC plus overclocking the CPU or if I needed to buy the 750w. that's why I asked

Looking at my post now, I didn't actually say that I owned the 600w PSU. Sorry about that. I was going to purchase the 750w if I had to but my PSU that I have is a thermaltake T2 600w, I found the link to the one I have: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153166
That's the one I have and right now, it's being wasted on a Pentium 4, lol I have a 350w in mine so I'm just going to switch them out

Yea, and what's the deal with the P4 machine?

I'm still using both my old Thermaltake units. Toughpower 1000W and Toughpower 1350w (in my main rig now).

The P4 machine used to be mine years ago and since i got this one, i gave it to my daughter. she just likes the small games and some games on windows store (she's 9 btw) so i figured it would be perfect for her and when i was installing a hard drive in it for her, i noticed the PSU was really good in it and thinking about it now, i don't know why i bought that good of a PSU for that PC but i'm kind of glad i did because now i don't have to buy another one. i bought that PSU new of course between a year and two ago, not sure exactly. but when i custom built this gaming rig, i don't know why i went with the 350w PSU, i think i was just trying to go cheaper on certain parts so i could go more expensive on others like the CPU, lol yea, thermaltake is a good brand and that's some good power you got. you won't have to get another one for a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom