£600 max PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake64_009

In Runtime
Hi, I'm helping a friend build a new PC for £600 max (UK, preferably Scan.co.uk). I have an idea of a build but not too sure on GFX and mobo so I'm wondering what the people here can come up with.

Needs to be an intel CPU, wants to be able to play games but does not need to be high end in graphics. At least 4GB of memory. Needs a case, optical drives and probably 2 x 500GB or so HDD.

Thanks, much appreciated.

What sort of games do you play?

Do you need a monitor? What about an OS?

thanks for replying. No monitor needed (he'll get a 19inch or so monitor), windows 7 capable is what he needs. General games and needs to be capable of running games to come out but not on high settings.

Sorry this took me a while, I'm on my grandparent's computer which is insanely sloow and the mouse doesn't double-click >_<

This is £30 over budget, but if you swap the Q9550 for an E8400 that will put you about a tenner under budget. Anyway does that look ok to you? The motherboard comes with a free Zalman cooler btw, it's a decent cooler.

The Vista comes with a coupon to upgrade to Windows 7.
snake64build.png

If that looks satisfactory I can give you links.

Ill have a look at this build in detail tonight and see if I like it. Can you suggest an Nvidia card? I know nothing about ATI cards :p, always been Nvidia and same with my mate.

Looks ok, and since you'll need DDR3 that will mean you won't need to buy any if you ever upgrade to an i7 or such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom