6 months Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokolo

Baseband Member
Planning on getting an upgrade, however...

I have 939 mobo with 2 SATA 150 slots which I currently use.

3000+ processor
1GB RAM
crappy gfx card

Was thinking of getting a 939 X2 Processor, but not sure if its worth it and instead get a new mobo for newer processors, new RAM and sell the old stuff.

Bare in mind its for 6 months time. I was thinking that by then they will have quad core, will a 940 mobo be good? or will they have new number of pins?

thanks

hehe im too impatient :p

but what are Athlon likely/planning to release in the next 6 months? 940 Quads? or some sort of new pin quads?

Why are you only interested in AMD?
Like I said, save your money, and in 6 months we will see who and which companies have the best options for upgrading.

yeah it's hard to say at the moment... right now i'm contemplating between getting an intel core 2 duo 6600 now or waiting for more quad cores to come out and get the core 2 for cheaper...

also depends if money is an issue...

hm well im goin to uni, gettin a uni loan... so money won't be a problem :p

also I am anti intel :p (don't ask why, i just do not like them, same with Dell, hate um)

Again, wait until AMD comes out with a new competitor to the Core 2 Duo, it's not going to cost $230, that's for sure...

Lokolo said:
hm well im goin to uni, gettin a uni loan... so money won't be a problem :p

also I am anti intel :p (don't ask why, i just do not like them, same with Dell, hate um)

So what your saying is:
If in 6 months Intel is still better compared to AMD in the preformence area youll just ignore that and buy AMD?
How ignorant. But its your money, so w/e.

You should never limit yourself to specific product or company. When mass consumers, benchmarks, tests and experimentation says a given product is better over another given product then Buy it. (Unless money is a concern, but in 6 months of saving that shouldn't be a problem)

Im not saying intel or amd will be anything in 6 months. All I am saying is WAIT, then when it is time, post again or do you own reasearch and find out what is the best at that momment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom