AMD AM2 Dual Core 3800
Ati radeon X1950Pro
1Gb Elixir Value Ram

Would it be worth spending 30 pounds more on

A) 512Mb ram
b) Dual Core 4200
c) X1950XT

Thanks Any Comment Welcome

i say save up and buy two sticks of 1GB. because, if you have three sticks, you cannot run them in dual channel. overclock your CPU to 4200 speeds, and overclock your GPU and you should be set!

Hmm Maybe Guitar freak just maybe... But im so desperate to get my PC i cant be botherd to save another. Anyway it depends on how well my ebay auction is. I have £175 from crimbo and now ive got My Truck selling and i hope to god i get more than 150 quid for it even though i doubt it. and then im gona sell my current pc for 30-40 quid Itsb only 1Gb DDr Ram with athlon 2500 and radeon 9600XT thats why im upgrading.

Thanks Guys

dude I would get the ram cause it would be a waste to get a much more expensive DX9 card while better and cheaper DX10 cards are going out later this year, to full fill the need of vista.

Lol Later this year Its the First of January That Could be Ages ! .....Yeh i no in my brain that RAM is the right way to go. But a better Graphics Card or CPU is more appealing. You dont get the same kick out of opening 2GB of Ram as a Radeon X1950XT. Thats unless you had a better graphics card.

Thanks

I would say ram for now. Like MurdaX said wait for the DX10 cards. Get a cheap card for now and spend more on better ram.

I would go for the x1950xt. DirectX10 wont be used and stuff for a while, and the difference between the x1950Pro and the x1950xt is pretty substantial...

1.5gb of RAM = trouble upgrading later on =\ and no dual channel

If you get 2x 256 instead of a single 512 stick to go with the 2x512 than you can keep the dual channel running. 1,5GB is enough for any games out right now under XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom