$500 Buld Challenge - Part Duex

Status
Not open for further replies.
9800gtx (+?) is fine. i have a 7750 kuma oced to 3.1 on stock and a 9800gt and it plays crysis warhead on enthusiast (dx9 mind) fine. loading times are a little slow, but i think that's my ram and my cheap hdd

i havent tried any of the ati cards,, i think the 4830 is equivalent to a 9800gt. but remember, some games are more biased to different brands of card. i know nvidia sponsors a lot of games thats why they say "plays great on nvidia blah blah blah"

nvidia also has physx and CUDA but they arent really used in any game aside from mirrors edge, so dont let that affect your decision. i think when the going gets tough at high res lots of shmit on the feild etc ati does better but at lower res nvidia beats ati hands down.

Thank you both for the info. I'll have to wait and see what how deals at newegg change in March. I'm waiting on my tax return.

Oh man, I've been watching game play trailers of everything I have missed in the last couple years. The last two games I bought were Oblivion and World of Waracraft. My friend has an xbox360, but all the load time is depressing and I don't really like using controllers for FPS.

Very excited!

The OCZ IS WAY POWERFULER, AT 600watts and 4 12V rails each at 18A for a total of 72Aish.
The Corsair is 450watts and 1 rail at 33A

The ocz is bigger an more power,

The 600W is overkill, for you right now, but has great upgradeability. You need to think when major upgrades are going to happen, and if the 30 extras worth it.

That said, Corsair psus are very quality psu, like bmws and benzs compared to toyotas.

Oczs are good too, just i'm not up on them.

Edit

Just noticed, the ocz only has 3 SATA and 6 molex, where as Cosair has 6 and 6.

Ah ok, well from what I was reading about that triple core athlon that was suggested, I'll be able to overclock the bejeezus out of it. Once I can afford some cooling or get a more powerhungry graphics card, I should be using some of that power up right?
Futureproofing is a concern for me. I will be able to drop more money into this thing down the road.

I probably won't ever RAID Hard Drives together, but I guess that is something else that also demands a lot of power.

Edit: 3 SATAS? So lets see... 1 HD, 1 CD Drive and maybe a second HD and I'd be done after that eh? What are the molex connecters for? Fans, Graphics Cards?

Yha, molex can also run the second plug on video cards. Running out of plugs suck.. But the ocz does have 2 pci-e plugs

I run 2 HDs, dvd burner, 4 case fans, turniq cpu cooler fan, gtx 260 and a 8600gt, with my cpu oc'd by 25% with the 520w Corsair.

As I don't know OCZ quality, someone else will have to comment on that.

The OCZs are in every level of the recommended list and middle/bottom of the good/acceptable list. Didn't see the StealthXStream series in the Terribad list. In the past I have used a lot of Corsair, XFX and Intel primarily and have recommended Corsair and XFX to most people that have asked me about components.

Does anyone have any experience with OCZ? I don't want to fry all the rest of my components, and if i get that PSU, I will probably have it for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom