$500 build possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
um, you can still get the 9600gso. Don't get that other junk like a 8600gt. And I don't think two 4670 in sli would be a 4850. So....

Wrong, two 4670s can outperform a 4850, from the benchmarks i've seen.

Now, a 500 dollar build is very hard.

I would probably go with:

Newegg.com - Antec Sonata III 500 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - ECS P45T-A LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
(Nice motherboard for the price, and in the future you could add another HD 4670 in crossfire, which makes for very nice performance)

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H467QS512P Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - LG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Total= $496

Would be a very good build for the price, especially if you have a 64 bit OS. Also good OC'ing abilities to crank this up a notch. That motherboard has overclocking available, and you could probably up the CPU to 3 Ghz, OC the RAM as it's 4 CAS Latency, and the HIS gpu has an awesome cooler on it.

You can get this mobo for the same price:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The rest makes a really good build. Good job.

Yeah, I was stuck between the two. The Biostar is more reliable, and probably a better Bios and easier setup, and less stressful, but the ECS might have the edge performance wise. Either one should be fine, the Biostar would be a safer bet though.

And yeah, it turned out to be a good build because of that Antec Sonata and PSU deal, which was like a 70 dollar saving, and the newly released HD 4670 brings budget gaming to a whole other level.

Yeah, I was stuck between the two. The Biostar is more reliable, and probably a better Bios and easier setup, and less stressful, but the ECS might have the edge performance wise. Either one should be fine, the Biostar would be a safer bet though.

And yeah, it turned out to be a good build because of that Antec Sonata and PSU deal, which was like a 70 dollar saving, and the newly released HD 4670 brings budget gaming to a whole other level.

The sonata deal does look pretty good. Its usually like $120 for an Antec 300 with a 500w corsair psu that we usually recommend.

Hi,
According to my knowledge you can use.
Intel-965 mother board.
Intel dual core processor of 3.5 giga heards.
Lg dual layer cd rom.
Intel DDR2 2GB ram.
Intel hard disk of 1610 GB.
Lg flat monitor.

=========================

prathap

worldinfo

Hi,
According to my knowledge you can use.
Intel-965 mother board.
Intel dual core processor of 3.5 giga heards.
Lg dual layer cd rom.
Intel DDR2 2GB ram.
Intel hard disk of 1610 GB.
Lg flat monitor.

=========================

prathap

worldinfo

Umm, what?

-Intel 965 mobos are outdated.
-1.6 TB is useless amounts of space for a mid level gamer.
-Intel doesn't make RAM, or Hard drives.
-There is no such thing as a "giga heard", and there are no dual cores that are 3.5 GHz at stock.
-CD Roms are about 4 years outdated.

633325462873135493.jpg

um idiot, they make ssd drives so yeah. Anyways this kid is.... o and link if you got proof ( besides synthetic benchmarks). O and guess what sli leaves a pain in the but. He will have to go with a nvidia chipset (which is not as good at overclocking) anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom