$500 build possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
Ok. I was looking at buying a PS3 since I thought that building a semi-gaming PC for $500 is impossible...but i will leave it up to the experts here. I ONLY need it to get respectable framerates (like the 50's/60's) on COD4 at medium/low settings for now. Next month, I will have more money and look at upgrading the GPU/RAM/CPU with another $3-400...

I DO NOT need an OS, Monitor, Mouse/Keyboard...I would prefer an intel build since I will be upgrading the CPU next month hopefully...The point is, I am a college student and need something to game on lol. If it cannot be done, then i guess I will settle for the PS3, but I would still prefer the PC.

Man I'm seriously thinking about that antec 300 case

is there room for cross fire 4800 series cards?

Both cards are great. Also the 9600 GSO will gain more performance out of overclocking seeing how its 192 bit card compared to the 4670 which is still a 128 bit card.

Once again though, both are great for their pricing range.

Ha, off topic a bit, but why a PS3 and not a 360? If you really want something that will have reliable and good gaming for a few years to come without upgrades needed, get a console. If you are thinking of spending $800 after these upgrades and what not, just get both the 360 and the PS3, since PS3's only real benefit is Blu-Ray, and the 360 has the games, the online, Netflix streaming soon, and did I mention the games and online are far greater than the PS3's? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom