$500 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Bullitt.

Solid State Member
Hi guys, I've been really busy lately but my sister has asked me if I could build her a computer because I told her I could save her a lot of money and build a better pc than the one she has now so she said budget is around 500 so could someone spec me a build for a computer that is mainly used for internet/email but still have some decent capability? Thanks in advance!

Monitor no, OS yes. Thanks for the plan i'll definitely work with some of those parts unless anyone else has any other suggestions.

Alright, what you can do is get a lesser processor for now, a dual core would be more than enough for general use, and you can get a mobo that can be easily upgraded to AM3 later.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - OCZ Vista Upgrade 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Total comes to $501.72 after shipping, then you get 10 bucks back in an MIR still.

The 7750 is a great little processor, and it should be more than enough for a while.

The onboard on the 790GX will handle any light gaming she wants to do if she gets into that sort of thing. I play FO3 on mine at medium/lower resolutions with medium settings and it plays great. And you can always upgrade with a video card later.

Now if you want to save a few bucks, you can get this board instead;

Newegg.com - Foxconn A7GM-S 2.0 AM2+ / AM3 Ready AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

It's also AM3 ready, it just has 1 pci-e slot, and a slightly less onboard graphics chip (790GX has an onboard 3300 while the 780G has a 3200), but it's still a good board, and it's 70 bucks instead of 110. That may suit her better, since it's for general use.

I would put this somehwere else but you seem like the guy to ask. I guess now she would like a new monitor so could you recommend a low-priced but quality monitor that is bigger than 19in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom