5.1 headphone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
ok so i've had a pair of 5.1 headphonse for awhile now. I havent used them in awhile, but since having a kid i need to be alittle quiter sometimes.

I have Sound Blaster Audigy 4 and what i want to do is find some kind of drive bay panel so i can plug my headphones(3 plug F,R and Center) into it, instead of unplugging my 5.1 system all the time.the desk im using , has a hole in wood for cables, so it limits how far i can pull it out. I can barely fit my head and arm back there to unlugg wires. So i just want something easier.

I've seen some USB adapters for 5.1 but i think they produce their own sound for PC's without it.

http://sewelldirect.com/usbtoaudio.asp

what do you guys think about it?

personally, I'd make one.

you just need to buy some audio connectors, wires, and solder it up.
To get them at the front of your case, just get one of your existing drive bay covers, and cut out holes, and mount the ends of the audio connectors there. you can use araldite, and a bit of paint.

i want to leave myt 5.1 system plugged in, at all times , into the sound card, but want somethign extra to plugin headphones as well. i'll just turn down the volume on the speakers,or turn them off.

It sounds like what your proposing is connecting those leads to sound card and runnign to front permantly.So i have to plug in speakers and headphones alternately. If something doesnt exist for me to do this, then i wont even bother trying to make one.

what about that USB i linked to? is that a sound card in itself, or just a extension of the one i have thru USB.

I understood what you meant. The sleekest way to mount it would be to integrate another set of outputs into the front panel of the case, and have a selector for which set you wanted to use, the headphones or the speakers. Would require a bit of know how and some work, but would be awesome when completed. 20 bucks at radio shack and it could be done though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom