480w PSU enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceros

Beta member
I am gathering parts for a new build, Wondering if a 480w PSU will be enough to handle the following:

5000+
Gx2
2 gigs ram
1 hard, 1 cdrom
4+- fans

Im thinking i may need a 500w or higher. the 480 will save me money though, just need some input here.

Thanks

I don't really know what you mean when you refer to "Gx2" , or "5000+", but from everything else, it seems to me like 480W will be PLENTY.

Arumuni said:
I don't really know what you mean when you refer to "Gx2" , or "5000+", but from everything else, it seems to me like 480W will be PLENTY.

lol.. then why are you posting in the hardware forum :p

anyways.. i know the gx2 is extremely power-hungry.. so you'd have to look at the specs of that card..

these are the requirements for the evga one..

Requirements
Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amp Amps.)
Minimum 650 Watt for SLI mode system.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 36 Amp Amps.)
An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)

so it looks like 480watts is enough, but we don't know enough about your PSU... which one is it exactly? are there 28amps on the 12v rail?

ah lol didn't realize there was a link to the psu... no, that will NOT be enough!

dude i have a 550 watt and a 450watt and they do excellent.

I don't have sli yet though.

I definately have to upgrade my 450watt cause when i speed up my fans my pc slows down alot.

I think i will get 2 graphics cards for my 550watt pc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom