400$ build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
So my friend ruined his mom's computer somehow and so she needs a new one.. no gaming.. just the general usage. They are coming of a very old HP, I told him this build would just destroy their PC. So heres a build i just put together very quickly.. i havent really been keeping up with newegg stuff since i built my comp couple years ago... but heres what i came up with.. no gaming will be done on the PC by the way.. any suggestions would be fine as well(especially on the mobo)

case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UB Black /Blue Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
HD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
mobo: Newegg.com - ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
memory: Newegg.com - CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Orleans 2.2GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail
power supply: Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) FSP400-60THN-R ATX 2.0 400W Power Supply 115V/ 220 - 240V NEMKO, TUV, CSA, IEC, UL, CE - Retail
CD Drive: i have one for him

It would come out to 372$ with shipping not including OS...

Should he go XP or Vista for the operating system?

How's the build? Any suggestions on different parts?

looks like a good build.

b1gapl beat me to the "why not use a brisbane?" point.

Also, for $20 more you could move the HD up to 250gb, if your friend thinks he'll need more space.

Also, if you have a Fry's near you...or a Micro Center, or similar, I'd buy the case there. $16 in shipping for a case? annoying as crap.

try zipzoomfly for the case, and like always some1 (usually b1gapl) beat me to the why not a x2 brisbane point....

also u need to change that RAM cuz its not compatible with that board, u need ddr2 ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom