3k Video Editing/Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richaye

Beta member
Ok so I plan on building my pc for the first time next month. I have no experience with this, but have watched a few videos showing how. And it seems fairly easy.

I have decided to go for a three monitor setup, little for gaming. But most of all for streaming and multi tasking while doing so, along with video editing.

The only doubt I have on this, Is what parts should I go for and if everything would function fine together.

So far this is my setup I have come up with using newegg.com

This is my first time so I would appreciate all the help I get. Im having doubts on the the psu, not so sure.

6t1c07.jpg

2m81l5x.jpg

15g4551.jpg

Subtotal is: 3,163.58

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have switched out the ram for 1.5v Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 HyperX Plug n Play Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G

I'm also wondering If I would be able to install the Black magic intensity pro on this build, since I will be having two gtx 580's? Bare with me im totally new to this!
Amazon.com: Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro HDMI Editing Card with PCI Express: Computers & Accessories
Blackmagic Design: Intensity

There is a PCIe x4 at the bottom of the motherboard, so as long at the 580s are in the top slots you should be fine with the intensity pro card.

I'd switch out the power supply for an OCZ ZX 1000w, its 80+ Gold efficient vs Silver, 2 more years on the warranty, better 3rd party reviews, and $5 cheaper after rebate.

Not sure why, but the G.Skill Ripjaws X is actually slightly faster than the Kingston Hyper X (CAS 8 vs 9), but $13 cheaper.

Lastly, might want to swap 2 of those DVI cables for HDMI cables. You're going to have 2 HDMI-out ports, might as well enjoy them.

dont get that thermal compound. get tuniq tx-2.

also, that mouse and keyboard look really expensive, but then again, if you are spending $3k+, maybe youll notice a difference.

How serious of a video editor are you?

Intel is getting ready to release it's 1155 hex core chips, which for video editing and encoding will be alot more suited than the 2600k.

I finally disagree with Roark, the silverstone is a better psu.

Haha Panton, had to happen eventually.
Basing my suggestion off of JonnyGuru reviews since their tests appear to be quite thorough.

Is there somewhere else I should be researching PSUs?

No, jonny is near the king...
Heres the Jonny for the Silverfstone: Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W Review
It scored 8.5. It wasn't as efficient as it coulda been. But it is an older unit, 2yrs about now. They havent tested the gold model yet.

But it seems, like a bunch of high Wsattage psu's, the OCZ Unit is above the mainstream units. So, i eat my words... The OCZ one takes it... It really does a great job, despite the small package.

Sorry for the late reply.
So I made a few changes, no biggie.
So what psu should I go for, the silverstone?
And also made a change in the case to a cheaper one, Fractal Design Define XL.
Newegg.com - Fractal Design Define XL Titanium Grey ATX Full Tower Silent PC Computer Case

I'm not so sure if everything will fit in that case though, with the asus maximus iv extreme-z, and the two gtx 580's.
Will I have a lot space leftover for good air flow?

I appreciate all your guys/gals help!

You should be fine with that case. It seems the have the potential for great wire management, and it looks pretty roomy compared to other full ATX sized cases.

If you're spending that much on a video editting build you need more/better storage.

High Def Video can be as much 50gbs an hour in its raw form. After a few projects, if you want to keep source files, you will be out of space. I would also seriously consider a raid.

I mean, I wouldn't spend $300 on a case only to have a hard drive failure destroy all your work.

I'd buy 3-5 hard drives and put them in a raid 5 so even with a hard drive failure you don't lose data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom