32 or 64 vista??

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
okay.i dunno which bit should i be installing.so far, i have been reading up on the pros and cons.the pros are that u can install more ram and con is have to worry abt drivers.i've got 2 os on my pc now.xp pro 32 and vista home premium 32..i was thinking of switching to 64 vista coz my processor supports 64 bit.i know there are only few apps that make use of 64-bit.will there be a difference like better multi-tasking because there is a combination of a 64-bit processor and a 64 bit os?

well 64bit xp is a no-no, 64bit vista is great, i would personally buy a 32 bit version of either but if you're serius about ram then go for 64bit (over 3GB), 64 bit processors are capable of running 64bit software but at the moment theres no need to get a 64bit OS

well 64bit xp is a no-no
I disagree, and I have used XP x64

64bit vista is great, i would personally buy a 32 bit version of either but if you're serius about ram then go for 64bit (over 3GB), 64 bit processors are capable of running 64bit software but at the moment theres no need to get a 64bit OS
I would go for 64-bit Vista, with or without more than 3GB of RAM. 64-bit Operating Systems do more than just allow you to use more RAM. There is 64-bit program code, which runs faster than 32-bit code.

oh, ive never used it but lots of people on here talk about driver issuses with it

oh, ive never used it but lots of people on here talk about driver issuses with it
there used to be a lot of driver issues with it. Not so much now.

There are plenty of drivers for most hardware now, including, importantly, video card and chipset drivers.

You might get a few problems with program incompatibilities (which is actually a lot rarer than you might think) - although a lot if it can be fixed with compatibility mode.
But the biggest reason for any incompatibilities is because x64 edition is not really mainstream.

there used to be a lot of driver issues with it. Not so much now.

There are plenty of drivers for most hardware now, including, importantly, video card and chipset drivers.

You might get a few problems with program incompatibilities (which is actually a lot rarer than you might think) - although a lot if it can be fixed with compatibility mode.
But the biggest reason for any incompatibilities is because x64 edition is not really mainstream.

oh yeah like run this in compatibility with XP 32bit or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom