$300 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! that looks a lot better then what I found. Tiny nitpick, I chose the single 2GB stick so it wouldn't have to be replaced when my relative is ready to upgrade. Will the two sticks run faster than one? Just wondering.

oh, i listed that set so that it would run in dual channel. but the mobo has 4 ram slots so you could still upgrade later on to another 2x1gig set, totaling 4gigs of ram, which is enough for average users and gamers.

but you could go with your original ram if you still want though.

I'd say 4 gigs is pleeeennnnntyyyy... average PC user can easily get by with 2 gigs. Dual channel has a huge advantage over one DIMM as well. Plus if you have one stick of RAM and it dies... you're screwed till you can get another one. With two sticks, it's much easier to troubleshoot memory problems and you can still get by with one stick if one craps out on you.

I would first and foremost ask what your family member is going to use the computer for? Is it mainly websurfing and office work? Will it be used for media (movies, music, editing?) and to what extent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom