3 pin to 4 adapter cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oinkypig

Solid State Member
hey i accidentally bought 10 80 mm led fans that connect with a 4 pin connector instead the the usual 3 pin fan connector. i was planning on using them with the cooler master cooldrive 4 for adjusting the fan speeds, but the cm cd4 only supports 3 pin fan connectors and not 4 pin connectors. i am wondering if there is some type of adapter that wil let me connect a 4 pin connection to a 3 pin fan connection to use on the cm cd 4. thanks. btw i got the 80 mm fans for just 10$ total so its no big amount of cash i spent.

i dont think that is it, and yes i was talking about 4 pin molex connectors. you see i need an adapter that will allow me to use a fan with a 4 pin molex connector to be able to plug that into the 3 pin regular fan connector. see the adapter you linked to was almost exactly the thing i needed, but that has a male molex connector. i need a female molex connector instead because i am connecting a fan with a male molex connector to a female molex connector which adapts to the 3 pin female adapter so i may plug that into a male 3 pin connecotr on the cool drive 4. i thnk this is very confuing to mny of you but it does make sense. draw a image in your head to see what i need or draw it out so theres no confussion. if that helps:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom