3.5 External Encloser Case Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
im looking to buy a 3.5 external encloser case does anyone know if there are any on the market that not only have a cooling fan but also power up and shut off with your pc?..thanks alot

you could use a 2.5" if you have not already bought the drive and don't need huge storage. these laptop drives are quite happy to run without active cooling and will run off power provided by the USB port, just a suggestion. that way it will power up and down with your pc as well. sounds like you'll be having the drive almost permanently attached to your pc if you are worried about it powering up and down.

if your worried about it shutting down with your PC, why not just put it IN your PC?? if your going to keep it hooked up, why not just save some money and do that. but I have done some searching and I can meet the cooling aspect, but not the shutting down part... Your would have to direct connect in order to do that.

hmmmm well as near as i can tell the input from the power adapter is 12vDC at some low current, if necessary it would be possible to get the same power connector and graft it to a power source in your pc, though somewhat risky if you are unsure of what you are doing. that way you can retain the power adapter for "on the go" and use the grafted one for home.

nitestick said:
hmmmm well as near as i can tell the input from the power adapter is 12vDC at some low current, if necessary it would be possible to get the same power connector and graft it to a power source in your pc, though somewhat risky if you are unsure of what you are doing. that way you can retain the power adapter for "on the go" and use the grafted one for home.

Agreed... TOO risky... although it would be quite easy... Just not for practical use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom