2nd build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan986

Solid State Member
Hello all,
This is my second PC Build and im having trouble deciding on my motherboard/prossessor. Here is a list of the componets i want to put into my system:
Case
Harddrive
Memory (2 512's)
Video Card
DVD+RW
And Windows Pro

I was having trouble with my motherboard and prossessor...
I picked this Board n prossessor out at 1st:
Board Prossessor

They are Socket A products, but some1 told me that socket A is or has been phased out that its old technoligy. THey said i sould get a Socket 939. So i chose these other 2:
Board
Prossessor

What does every1 think? Stick with the Socket A or pay more and get socket 939 but pay more?

ya i want a gaming pc and i will update it later... does it make that much of a diff? either way i think ill go wit the 939

It's all about your budget. The best bang/buck processor is the AMD Athlon 64 3000+, but no one here seems to think it's powerful enough for a gaming build. I bought one because I believe that it is. You can save money now, but still upgrade in the future! You can choose the motherboard on your own picking the features you see fit.

In a motherboard, I would STRONGLY recommend getting a PCI express x16 slot. SLI is going to be overrated, because of some reasons I'll explain if you feel like you need to see my biased side. But, nevertheless, PCIe is the future, and you should get a motherboard with it.

Those are my thoughts, feel free to argue with me all day long fellas.

Ryan

i do have 1 of those, think thats not enough? and im new to the building thing, overclocking nvr done it think i need to learn?

I like your motherboard, although I've heard the ASUS socket 939 boards are kinda buggy. Maybe look into MSI, DFI, Gigabyte, or even my budget board, an ECS! but those three brands seem to have the best rate of success.

Good luck on your 2nd build.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom