260 GTX capable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the card and mobo doesn't matter at all.... it will fit...

but what DOES matter is going to be the case you put it in... if you google for GTX260 reviews, you will see that the card is huge... in most cases longer than the mobo, so that makes picking out a case that much more difficult.

Just barely... I have read reviews that some users had to cut out a slot in the 3.5 bays to fit the card... (I have read most of these, as I bought one and I'm current;y looking at cases, but then I'm kinda picky as well... I like room) I guess it just depends on the case configuration.

Yeah not saying it isn't a tight fit but hey it's in there so I would be happy. Had to twist and turn them a bit but they fit. Luckily my own case is a full tower and I have a good 6 inches from the drive bays.

it is all case dependant if a card will fit in there. i can get my 9800gtx in my antec three hundred and it has about .5" left between the hdd bays. the GTX series and my 9800gtx are both 10.5" long. so a standard atx case will fit it.

i cant remember if its 9.5" or 10.5". its one of those two. if you have a mid tower your hard drives may have to be re-arranged, depending on where they are and how many you have.

nukem i dont think that card needs that many amps...i am looking to buy the same card this next week and it only calls for 38A. which my 550vx will squeak squeak by with its 41A rail :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom