250 w problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pysch

Beta member
i have a brand new hp pavillion p6110f that has 6gb of ram, 250w power,

i was wondering which graphics card i could get for a 250w that will work without possibly changing the power supply

oh and i used a geforce 9400 gt and it killed my last comp because i wasnt aware of the 250w

Edit: will the 7300 GS evga work? it says 250w

whoa 250w? that would be only good for low end computers with low power cpu and on board graphics. if you want an video card get something like 400 watts so it will have enough power to power up everything

well it would be pretty dum to buy a new one dont ya think?? yes i no its not top end, i have to make do with what i got though

your not going to get any kind of decent card with a 250w PSU. you are going to have to upgrade the PSU if you want to get a new card.

and that 7300GS will be about as bad as your current onboard graphics.

Ye my advice is to just get a 450w power supply, dont worry about fitting power supply there really easy and wont break your bank.

Graphics cards usually require 350w+ so that should give you an idea of what to look for.

and the 7300 GS will be alright but it depends what you want it for, if you want a new graphics card for gaming and playing your games then you will probably want a 9500 GT which requires 350W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom