200gigs to 127 gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it come with a install CD and instructions? did you use it and read them?

Anyway when I installed my 250GB hard drive the install CD it came with had to change some settings in Windows XP so it could see over 127GBs or something like that.

I'm still a noob but don't think its the hard drive I think its you computer not seeing it.

I think you can manually change the settings to see over 127GB but I don't know how because the install CD did it for me.

Good luck:D

Make a slipstreamed Windows XP w/ SP2 cd (google it, its easy) and install, then it will see 200gb. It is a limitation in Windows (there are many --so use linux).

after slipstreaming I see my total size of my hard drive but still i cant install xp pro service pack2. I stop at partition restarts after restarts wont let me install the dam windows :(

You don't need Service pack.
Get a working XP CD, create a partition so you can install XP, 20GB for example (you can do this in the setup process). Then after installing get X-Setup (www.x-setup.net), open it, go to "extra>search". Type "LBA". Look for "ATAPI 48bit LBA" in search results. Enable it. Reboot.
Go to start>run>
type "diskmgmt.msc"
Create partitions in unallocated space.

You can also enable 48bit LBA mode without X-Setup by simply editing your registry, but you will have to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom