20+4 Pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
Howdy again, I'm getting ready to order my upgrade parts, and I looked into my PC to make sure I had a 20+4 PSU, But for the life of me I can't find the +4 cord, and the 20 pin cord doesn't look like it has any connecters on the side to hook up to the extra 4 pins, I looked on new egg and found a computer case almost like mine, with an included power supply.. The power supply has the same model as the one I have and it has a 20+4 connecter, if the model number is the same does that mean I must have a 20+4 connecter instead of just a 20? Is it just lost in there?

Howdy again, I'm getting ready to order my upgrade parts, and I looked into my PC to make sure I had a 20+4 PSU, But for the life of me I can't find the +4 cord, and the 20 pin cord doesn't look like it has any connecters on the side to hook up to the extra 4 pins, I looked on new egg and found a computer case almost like mine, with an included power supply.. The power supply has the same model as the one I have and it has a 20+4 connecter, if the model number is the same does that mean I must have a 20+4 connecter instead of just a 20? Is it just lost in there?
That comment reminds me of my memory issues - bought two sets of Corsair RAM awhile back - one year apart. One had 8 chips on one side while the other had 4 on each. (My crappy motherboard at the time wouldn't work with the different pairs.)

Your PSU has a limited amount of wires - if you looked and don't see it, I'd say it doesn't exist. You can get the adapter for a few bucks...dang shipping is like twice the item cost though, hah.

Heh, I found my PSU on the RaidMax site however my PSU doesn't have the entire model name on it, its missing the RX-XXX number that ALL their PSUs have which is curious.

Would having thr 4 pins give me more power that an adapter will not? will this give me any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom