20-24 pin connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottj017

Solid State Member
So, I'm getting ready to build my new computer, when I realize that I need a 20-24 pin connecter to hook up my mobo w/ the PSU...

Am I going to have to order one, or does anyone know of a store that sells one?

Just order one off the internet if you can. If you don't like to goto a computer store in your area and they should have one.

I've also been hearing 24 pin motherboards are compatible with 20 pin PSUs, is this true?

I've also been hearing 24 pin motherboards are compatible with 20 pin PSUs, is this true?
kind of, but it's not officially supported by the manufacturers...for example I've got a friend with the DFI Ultra-D nf4 board...it requires a 24pin PSU but he uses a 20pin PSU and has never had an issue with it...a lot of people seem to use a 20pin in a 24pin mobo and haven't had an issue, so you could always just try it for yourself and see....my PSU happened to come with a 20 to 24pin adapter so I use that

My 24 pin mobo bu asus takes a 20 pin connector i wasn't sure so i ordered a new 24 pin form newegg but when i recieved my parts i checked it out and my mobo took the 20 pin Psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom