2 questions on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
OK we are looking at getting Vista and the 1st question is will this computer run Vista without any probs, Intel P4 2.4GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, 80GB HDD, Nvidia FX 5200 128mb video card? and now my second question what do I need to get so I can put the Vista on more than one computer? can I just buy that OEM version cause thats the cheapest, but I don't know if that will work. thanks

That system will run Vista fine. I don't think you can have one copy of Vista on two computers simultaneously. You would have to buy two OEMs.

Probably another stick of 1gb will do, will run smoothly.

Requirements for Home Premium:
1.0 GHz
1 GB RAM
DirectX 9 capable GPU with Hardware Pixel Shader v2.0 and WDDM 1.0 driver support
128 MB RAM supports up to 2,756,000 total pixels (e.g. 1920 × 1200) or 512 MB+ for greater resolutions such as 2560x1600[37]
40 GB
5 GB
DVD-ROM

Vista uses about 512mb just to itself so 2gb would be recommended to fully enjoy it.

I have two concerns with you wanting Vista. Ram and your current apps.
1. Please get 2g of ram
2. You may want to look into your current programs and assuring that they will work fine with Vista.
I have several apps that conflict with Vista and so I haven't switched.
Other than that it works just as good as XP Pro. Aero is just pretty. Don't be wowed by that. Just don't expect your computer experience to change that much. You might even hate Vista.
Maybe you should get your hands on a Vista RC1 or 2 disc and try it out for a while.

Good luck

Vista will run fine on that System works fine on my pc

P4 3.2Ghz , 1GB Ram , Nvidia Geforce 6200 !!!

I think you'll have problems with your graphics card, as i firstly had that model and graphics stuck, i upgraded to ati radeon X1600 512mb DDR2.

vista premium on mys sytem runs fine-

amd athlon 3800+@ 2.41GHz
1GB DDR400 RAM
RADEON X550 256MB
151GB WD SATA II

ok I am not gonna worry about it to much its just for my moms computer all she does is check her email and surf the net, mine I know will have no problems. So now back to getting Vista on 2 computers I need to buy 2 different copies of Vista to be able to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom