2 more PCI-E power cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
For those of you who run 2 or more GPUs, does your PSU have more than 2 PCI-E cables to power the cables or did you have to buy extra or buy adapter cables? I ask because my grandpa's GPU kinda screwed his computer so we bought him a replacement and now i have his 470 GTX and mine. However my PSU only allows for 2 PCI-E cables that power only 1 card, so do i need a different PSU or can i buy extra cables?

I'll double check in my basement to find those connectors, i believe i remember seeing them before. And I have an OCZ 700W PSU so I'll be fine on power i think. Thanks for the feed back!

My only other question is this:

Does your Grandpa game or is it for you so you have something to do when you go over to his house? LOL
:D (joking)

Lol fair question but no. I built my grandpa a new computer about a year ago because the one he had was crapping out on him so my uncle gave me a list of parts which were pretty high end at the time. My grandpa does play flight sims but he doesn't need the 470 GTX to do so. Then I got lucky and asked for the same card later for Christmas and was fortunate enough to get it. So when his card started messing with his system I thought I might have just found the best deal ever to run SLI xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom