2 monitors question

Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
i wanna try out 2 sometime and have just a few question that im hoping someone can help me with

1. to get dual monitors do they have to be 2 monitors or could they be a tv and a monitor roughly the same size?

2. say i get a monitor and a tv could i get to use both while connecting the tv with hdmi and the monitor with dvi?

3. could i get the tv to play pc games and the other to surf the web or play another game at the same time?

4. would this card work - Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100296HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

and im sure ill think of some other questions later.

Thanks for the help :)

1. as long as each unit has a DVI or HDMI input you should be fine. If one unit only has VGA then you just need an adapter.

2. yes.
3. yes.
4. yes, but that 4850 I showed you might be a better performer for games.

1. tv and monitor would work fine, but don't plan on being able to read any fine text on the TV, it's blurry as **** unless it's an HDTV plasma or LCD.

2. Not sure, in worst case scenario you could just use a vga to dvi adapter.

3. Yes, the TV hooked up to your computer will be just like another monitor. You can extend your desktop and put whatever you want over there. Although, you may need to run the games in window mode to get them to appear on the TV, unless you set the TV as the primary display.

4. Yep.

Edit: D: James got me by 3 minutes

Then it should be fine if TV has HDMI input (it exists DVO2HDMI cable) or if TV has VGA then use DVI2VGA cable. I'm using 22" LCD via DVI and 40" full HD LCD via DVI2HDMI but both are with 1920x1080.
It could happend on your side that they do have different reolution, then you are a little but in trouble - it works to setup different resolution for each of them but it is not so nice. Best is to have both display with same resolution even different size (if they are not next to each).

alright well mine are both gonna be about 22 they will be about right next to each other one will be about 4 inches up though that shouldnt be a problem i just hope their resolutions match is there a way to check before i get the other monitors?

oh wait sorry i got 1 more.

can i plug one monitor into my graphics card and another from the HDMI port on the motherboard? or do they both have to be from my graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom