2 graphics card options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looby

In Runtime
hey looking at these two card both AGP

Nvidia
Newegg.com - XFX PVT71AYDF3 GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail

ATI
Newegg.com - GECUBE HX195XTGA3-D3 (R) Radeon X1950XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 8X HDCP Video Card - Retail

Compared
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

i have a couple of questions...

i see the ATI says 16 pixel piplines but it has 48 shaders but the nvidia has 24 what is the difference???

i also see that the ATI has a faster core clock but the Nvidia has twice the ram...

so...? anybody? which would be the better card to get me through the next few years before going to the whole PCI-Express thingy.

i see the ATI says 16 pixel piplines but it has 48 shaders but the nvidia has 24 what is the difference???

For ATI, it may look like it has less pixel pipelines, but each pipeline has 3 pixel processors per pipe. So the 48 shaders is showing the real effective pipes.

sorry forgot i posted this here

would i notice a difference between the 512MB on the nvidia and the 256MB on the ati?

what it the connector on the back of the card is that PCI-e connector?

also very stupid question but whatever... FEAR, BF2142, other high end games would i notice a HUGE difference in playing these games? i can play them both on low quality now but i want it too look good you know?... well? you guys think i would be able to run these type games on at least high if not super duper high?

current

ASUS P4S800D-X
P4 3.0Ghz Prescott
Corsair XMS 2GB
250GB WD HDD
500GB WD HDD
500GB WD Ext HDD
2X LG DVD Writers
128MB ATI 9600XT (upgrading to 1950XT)

The amount of memory is just how much graphics it can handle. The speed is the speed it processes that amount of graphics. 256MB is well over the standard. The PCI-e connector is a 6-pin 12 volt connector.
Looks like this:
pcie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom