Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJohn

Solid State Member
Hi I have 2 old comps: PIII 733Mhz/133Mhz
can I make them to work as one?
if yes how do I do it?
thnx in advance

well, i think you could find an old server motherboard.. put both of those processors on it.. put both hard drives and such on it.. other than that, i don't think there's any other way..

Perhaps you should look into...

Although I have not done it as of yet, I have plans to look into clustering which I believe may be the answer that you are looking for. The way I understand it, clustering is where you have multiple PCs that are all tied together via software interface. The general idea seems to be that you can have multiple pieces of hardware all acting as a single virtual computer. Pretty much the same thing that the famous Internet search engine (I won't drop names, but it starts with a 'Goo') stated that they ues for their setup.

Now, in the M$ world I think you will only be able to pull this off with server based OS. For the Linux world (which is what I will be experimenting with) I do not believe that you have that restriction.

By the way, what are you wanting to do with the two combined computing resources once you get them joined as one? That may have some bearing on whether or not this will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom