1TB Internal vs External Hard Drive

Liamcal

Beta member
This year for Christmas I had asked for the WD Blue, the one terabyte (internal) hard drive that is notorious for being both inexpensive and good.

My mom and brother scooped a "WD My Passport Ultra" which is a one terabyte hard drive... but it is external. They said we could return it since they were confused on what I had asked for, and I said sure.

In a few days we are gonna go return it and pick up the Blue, but the more I look at the Passport, the more I like it. It utilizes USB 3.0, so it is fast (for USBs), and it looks really nice and portable.

I intend to use either of them for video storage and some game file storage, so I assume that an internal one would be better, but something about this Passport is captivating me.

I'm wondering: should I stick with the Passport (WD My Passport Ultra 1TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive Black WDBZFP0010BBK-NESN - Best Buy) or go with the Blue? (Western Digital WD Blue Hard Drive 1TB WD10EZEX 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" | Internal Hard Drive - Newegg.com)

Thanks, and happy holidays! :D

For just storage the passport will be fine but for gaming I would go for the internal, although USB 3.0 is fast it isn't as fast as the internal connection, Also does your PC have the 3.0 USB, Many do not unless it's a newer system. My advice would be get the internal.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom