1st build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

In Runtime
Hi everyone, I am thinking of building my first PC!

This is what I've found, tell me what you think.

I'm looking for a cheap budget for my first one so i can the hang of it! (£400-500)

Motherboard

CPU

Graphics

RAM

Tell me what you think and if you could recomend a Hard Drive and DVD RW that would be great!

Thanks alot!

Greetings,

Motherboard - Looks good, though you might want to consider an ATX architecture. Can't find where it states the Video interface (AGP or PCI-E), though being a s939 it is probably PCI-E. I try not to assume anything when it comes to spending money.

CPU - How about a x2 Dual Core, prices just dropped.

RAM - If you go with 2 x 512MB you will have 1GB in dual channel mode = faster.

Graphics - Decent for the price, though mem clock speed is on the low side for PCI-E.

Good Luck!

Ok so i have changed the following

CPU Dual Core

RAM 2x512

Case

Motherboard

Can anyone suggest a Hard Drive and DVD RW? :D

Thanks for your posts so far they have been really useful. Keep them coming!

Just a little question. Will that motherboard support Dual Core?

Gilinator said:
Ok so i have changed the following

CPU Dual Core

RAM 2x512

Case

Motherboard

Can anyone suggest a Hard Drive and DVD RW? :D

Thanks for your posts so far they have been really useful. Keep them coming!

Just a little question. Will that motherboard support Dual Core?

Nice!

RAM - You have chosen PC2700, I believe that the MoBo will support PC3200, check it out....

HDD - Try the Western Digital Caviar (SATA): 160GB minimum is what I would recommend. Here is a link:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

DVD/RW - Try a LiteOn:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

I tool a look at the MoBo, but did not see that it specifically stated Dual-Core CPU support, you might want to contact the vendor to make sure. A quick check on the web did not give an answer, maybe check with ASUS.

This is exciting! Have fun with it!

I like what aliasaid has posted im thinkking that it might be better. What do you guys think?

This is 3200 RAM
RAM

I checked the mobo and it said this "Currently, it also supports AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU." is that dual core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom