19" LCD monitor on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twism

Beta member
Hey guys, First post, anyways :)... I am slowly but surely looking at moving over to a 19" LCD from my LG Flatron 17". I have been reading reviews left right and center for the last week or so but my only problem is that its hard to find reviews on the specific models available in here in South Africa :(

So, i still have some questions:

1. Could you guys please give me you opinions on these:

BenQ sp91g+

LG L1950SQ-SN

LG L1917S-SN

Samsung 930bf-s ---> this one is the most expensive of the lot, maybe a bit to pricey for me sad.gif

Hanns-g TA191 ----> this one is the cheapest of the lot, the benQ is second cheapest

2. Could you guys also please suggest other brands/models I should be looking at, please keep in mind that I'm on a budget, so I'm not looking for the top of the range R10,000 monitors :p, im looking for a reeaally cheap 19" that doesn't completely suck :)

3. How much of a difference does the response time actually make? Would there be a HUGE difference between, lets say, a 12ms and a 8ms monitor?

I know that this topic does come up quite often, but I though I would start a new one due to the fact that monitors mentioned in other threads like these either aren't available in SA or are miles to expensive

Thank in advance, appreciate any help :)
Craig

Viewsonic is always good... Neweggs got one right now for like 270.00 or something close to that. I've got the 18"LCD myself...

Yeh, everywhere I read people are suggesting that i look into the viewsonic, I am having problems sourcing it in SA though.... I can only find it at really expensive retailers. :(

If I buy off ebay does it not have to come in from another country? I think at the end of the day, once all the taxes and extras get added on it will cost a lot :(

That'll depend on where it's coming from... All I can say is. best of Luck. I know shipping is very hard when you outside the "normal" channals... I live in Germany right now.. So yes, shipping kills me sometimes...

I am Port Elizabeth

Here are two prices i got

BenQ 19" LCD MONITOR-FP91G+ 8ms Response Time R2256

BenQ 19"LCD MONITOR 91GX -4ms GTG BLACK/SILVER R2256

Are these monitors decent? Like I said before, they dont need to be perfect. Keeping in mind that I want a price/performance monitor, is there any reason not to buy one of these?

Thanks so far guys :)

dvyi83 said:
tigerdirect has some cheap monitors..

$140, for an lcd, and http://www.edealinfo.com/cgi-bin/dl?2006/05/08/102.shtml

thats another one for 140

You're a bright one, aren't you? Read the entire thread. The man is from South Africa, so he can't shop from Tigerdirect and pay $140 for something, because they don't ship outside North America, which is 5500+ miles from the southern tip of Africa. Geez!

BenQ make decent LCD monitors. It's a bit hard to find reviews on those, but if you could get those monitors at that price, I'd go for the BenQ 19"LCD MONITOR 91GX, just because it has a lower response time. You won't see a massive difference btween a 8ms and 4ms response time, but why get a slower response time for the same price?

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom