19" Crt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, 19" widescreens are dirt cheap now, and with a nice card like the one you have it would be a shame to waste it on an old technology like crt. Once you go dvi, you never go back. I love playing cod2 on my lcd, the colors and textures are so vivid and rich, i would never go back to crt.

CRTs can often have much better colour than an LCD though, hence why graphics people use them etc...

thing is, a 19" wide would cost me at least £150-200 odd, for one with a decent refresh.

opinion taken though. :)

thing is, I already have a 19" tft that does 1280x1024, and two similar 17" crts. the only reason I would possibly consider that is for higher resolutions, like 1600x1200 and higher.

I am thinking that I am not going to bother...

You want to buy a CRT with a Pixel Pitch of .26?

If you buying a CRT you can find one much lower than that.

The lower the Number the better the Detail.

I bought a dank new NEC MultiSync 90GX2. Its badass and the brightness far outweighs my old Viewsonic 19'' crt. However, even with its 5or6 ms response time occasionally I so see ghosting. You don't have to spend a lot to get a decent CRT moniter. However you need at LEAST 6ms if you're going LCD, and that might cost ya. My advice is if you're looking to spend a little more than 77 dollars, get a 19 flat screen CRT.

you can see ghosting at 6ms?!? :rolleyes: hmmm

I cant see ghosting at 16ms... and the majority of people dont see any at 8ms... you must have very good eyes. :)

(or maybe there is a problem with the monitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom