1440 by 900 resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemar1

Baseband Member
Hello, I just purchased a viewsonic q19wb monitor and I can't seem to be able to set it to it's natural resolution. The highest I can get is 1280 by 1024. The one I have it set to is 1152 by 864. This seems to be the most pleasing visually. My video card is an integrated xabre 200. My question is would I be able to get this video card to accept the higher resolution and is there a utility I could use to do this.
If this is not possible what video card would allow me to do this. It would have to be a pci card though, as I don't want to upgrade my cpu and mainboard. Also would running a monitor on a lesser resolution than called for harm the monitor in anyway?

PCI normal? or Express?
Could it not be an AGP?

X200 can't hit them resolutions, I might be wrong. Updated drivers may allow it. Try that first.

i have a ati x550 256mb, it was very cheap £40 and that works great on my 1440x900 monitor

my radeon 9250 runs it so i guess u should buy a new card, but i'm sure ur card can trample mine...

Thanks for the replies. I tried updating the drivers and it allowed me to get higher resolution, but not 1440 by 900. It made the screen very fuzzy and jumpy and I ended up doing a system restore. I was thinking of getting a Radeon 9250 128 meg because it is cheap and it seems to allow the resolution I want. I only have regular pci slots so it seems I'm limited.

That's a shame Mike. I think one of my machines is still running the 9250. I don't use it much though. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I tried updating the drivers and it allowed me to get higher resolution, but not 1440 by 900. It made the screen very fuzzy and jumpy and I ended up doing a system restore. I was thinking of getting a Radeon 9250 128 meg because it is cheap and it seems to allow the resolution I want. I only have regular pci slots so it seems I'm limited.

Yeah like I said...a Radeon 9250 or a geforce fx5200 are in the same price range and will support the resolutions you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom