$1000 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processors can be upgraded if you have the same Socket motherboard. Such as LGA 775 can start with a E4600 or something (just an example) and be upgraded to a E8400 or Q6600, or QX9775.

I really need to know more of your exact uses to give you a money response. Do you just need this to run Vista with Microsoft Office; no gaming, maybe some graphics work? Or do you need something more than that? Something basic that just runs Word and the like could be built and everything for under $500 easily.

Not so fast there bro

You're right but qx9775 is LGA 771 ;)

You mean QX9770

Don't be intimidated by building yourself. On my first build I had no idea what I was doing, bought some parts, read the motherboard manual, and everything went perfect first try. It really is incredibly easy and mostly consists of snapping/sliding things into place.

I guess it depends on the person. My first build I basically had no idea what I was doing, as well. And yet it's been running strong for years now. I at least had enough general knowledge to know what parts to pick, and how they were put together.

My first build was at 10, but back then it was a harder process than it nowadays

currently, I have a Dell Pentium III with a phone line 'net
connection.I will be updating to wireless broadban in the
next few days I just want something to get me out of 'the dark ages'. Nothing fancy. The only thing 'fancy' will be
uplaoading pictures from a digital camera.
I'm noy worried about non-internet related isues.
Thanks!
Charles D. Haynes

So, are you planning to build this yourself then?

Either way here is the build I recommend:

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA430 430W ATX12V Power Supply
Motherboard: Biostar TA780G M2+ Socket AM2+/ AMD 780G/ DDR2/ A&V&GbE/ MATX
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+* (2.6GHz) AM2, Retail
Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800 (any good brand)
Hard Drive: Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB
Optical Drive: Lite-On 20X DVD burner
Operating System: Vista Home Basic 32-bit or Vista Home Premium 32-bit

All that right there should only cost between $450-475 (before shipping) to build yourself.

Watch Maroon recommend Intel on his next arrival :p

But that looks good, I have that exact same board, its good on overclocking features, and the HD 3200 is quite overclockable, I got it to 700mhz, which is about an 8500gt in terms of speed in games (well COD4 anyways) haha

Well, my only problem with your suggestions, Maroon1 is that he just wants something for general simple usage to get him out of the "dark ages" as he put it. I don't think he needs a gaming video card, that much hard drive space, or a 45nm CPU meant for gaming and overclocking. It's a good build for the higher end of his $1000 budget, but not really what he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom