$1000 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveo1902

Solid State Member
I'm new here, and have a question.
I am unemployed (I've worked with computers since 1973. An IBM AS400 programmer since 1990) And I am thinking about starting a home business.
I work with PCs , but I'm not a PC person. (I have programmed in Turbo Assembler and C)
My question is, what is the best value home PC Ican get for under $1000.00?
I'm partial to Dell, but I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks for your help!

Best value? Building it yourself by far. If you haaaavvvvve to buy a pre-built, stay away from dell.

If you truly want the best for the money, build it yourself!!

Otherwise you could buy from Cyberpower or NCIXus.com and have them buy the parts we tell you to get and assemble it

How much would something decent cost? How long does it take to put together? Does involve any soldering? ( I can solder, but my working conditions are primative).
BTW, my name is Chuck (Charles) Steve is/was my brother.

2-3days processing for *cough-look at my signature-cough* and *cough-cheaper than iBuyPower/CyberPower-cough* Depending on your needs, if you need to buy pre-built it could be as low as $500 or if you want a higher-end CPU and peripherals, closer to $1000, but probably easily cheaper than that.

Building it yourself does not involve any soldering, but it does require quite a bit of PC knowledge. I have seen too many stories on here of first-time builds gone wrong. But, it is a learning experience and something good to know, so if you think you can handle everything and not mess it up with a seemingly small mistake, go for it. Plus you have us to help if you need it.

From what I've seen this morning, the price difference revolves around the processor.can the processors be traded in and upgraded?
What kind of money are we talking about.
I don't want the 'biggest and best' just to have it. But I would like to know it's available if I need it.

Processors can be upgraded if you have the same Socket motherboard. Such as LGA 775 can start with a E4600 or something (just an example) and be upgraded to a E8400 or Q6600, or QX9770.

I really need to know more of your exact uses to give you a money response. Do you just need this to run Vista with Microsoft Office; no gaming, maybe some graphics work? Or do you need something more than that? Something basic that just runs Word and the like could be built and everything for under $500 easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom