$1000 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of hinted it at the bottom of my post, but I was saying it was decent RAM for overclocking, which I think most people will agree it is. I just didn't clarify much, and I forgot to mention that yes, cheaper RAM would be the way to go if you don't plan on overclocking. :)

vid card & TV Tuner idea

Whacha guys think about this idea:

I was thinking about getting the Geforce 6600GT and a TV tuner. Or shall I get the ATI all in wonder 9600 XT.

If I get a tuner which kind should I get? I was checking out the ATI and it has a feature of recording and watching two channels at the same time! I want something with alot of features like that. Let me know.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814122180

that TV tuner looks pretty good for $42 bucks or so.

the fact that the ATI all in wonder 9600 XT is both a video card and a TV tuner is nice, but the problem is that it is a very weak video card and for games you will be either unable to play them or forced to play them in 800 X 600 resolution.

So much better to buy the TV tuner seperately.

That sound card posted above is a much better choice than the one posted previously, but then again, a sound card isn't entirly necessary, as the motherboard has onboard audio. But it has always been my experience that if you want the best in sound , stick with Creative. Its just one of those things thats makes gameing that much better :)

Anyone have any experience with the MSI neo4 nforce4 on board soundcard? The spec for the onboard soundcard is a 7.1.

Cause I'm thinking about purchasing the creative labs 7.1 speaker set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom