zeabei.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the issue here was Limewire and what is being allowed to shared and downloaded
If you continue using Limewire (being the worst IMO) or any File Sharing programs, then you will continue to be infected

A better option other than using Windows with File Sharing programs would be to:
1. Uninstall it immediately
2. Use a Linux (far far more safer) OS if you want to continue File Sharing, and downloading/uploading

Generally many (obviously not here) Malware removal sites will say uninstall any File Sharing programs before trying to eliminate all Malwares
Otherwise you may be in the same situation 5mins later
HERE I wrote about "Limewire", and HERE you can read another thread stating similar
Both threads should really be read in full.

Funny you should mention that. Limewire used to be my method of choice when intentionally getting infected to test a service, demo, etc.

I recently had need to create a video demonstrating malware removal, so I went to get myself infected. Downloaded the latest Limewire and went straight for the most likely to be infected videos, archives, etc. Limewire would not allow me to download anything that was infected. It was crazy. I had to get emule instead.

That said, I do not advocate P2P filesharing as it's most commonly used. It has some legit applications, but if you're pirating, you're taking a chance and don't be surprised when someone posts an infection instead of an illegal copy of that movie that's not out of the theaters yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom