What do you do when you cannot get rid of viruses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry its taking so long, I have done everything else, minus the safe mode thing.

Its still running Gmer right now, do you know what I should do when its done? This scan is taking forever

Just let it run and then follow the next steps. This guy wmpscfgs.exe regenerates itself so we got to hit it from all angles.

Ah ok, is there a place that it most likely comes from? I rarely get a virus, maybe once every 6 months to a year. But I always seem to get the ****ty ones. But would like to watch out for this next time. So does anyone know what they got it from in the first place?

They can come from just about anywhere, even on legit sites. Facebook, MySpace, social networks, Twitter, etc etc etc. Just gotta be careful.

Well that windows firewall is not worth a crap. I guess which programs should I leave up? Avg is a process hog that is why I never let it run before. At least I can refer to this for next time if it happens :)

And what was your opinion on the pictures or to make my computer faster? About 1/2 of my HD is taken up now, do you think getting rid of 60gb of pictures would help it run faster or no? I still cannot get my system properties to come up, I hope once I get this virus out it comes back

Its not a process hog that I'm aware of.

It probably wont, even if it did, you probably would notice much of a difference, or any dfference at all.

It doesnt matter if you have a firewall or not, they will still get thru.

Oh ok. Would more memory make it faster? I always thought it was the processor itself, I am pretty sure it has 2gb. This is crazy, its been 3.5 hours now and its STILL scanning. I hope my computer going into standby wont interfere with the scan

Yea a memory upgrade will boost your performance, but let's not think about that till osiris has helped you stamp out this malware issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom