virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyblue10

Baseband Member
hi there. can someone tell me whether my computer had virus effect? i canot seem to download any file. Beside that when i press "ctrl alt del", the tast manager just dissapear when my mouse trying to point it. My norton anti virus also crash and when i try to install back, it fail. Any idea what i can do now?

window xp pro sp1
pentium 3 800MHz
512 ram
broadband connection with a speed of 1M
Anything specific that you one?

"Virus Status: Infected!
Your computer is infected with at least one known threat.

40909 files scanned, 1 file(s) infected on your disk drives.

No viruses were detected in memory.

Your computer is free of known threats. Virus Detection does not check compressed files.

Your computer appears safe for now. For real-time protection from viruses, hackers and privacy threats, upgrade to Norton Internet Security™.

The scan was cancelled before finishing. To restart the scan, click here.

Your computer is free of known threats. Virus Detection does not check compressed files.

Your computer appears safe for now. For real-time protection from viruses, hackers and privacy threats, upgrade to Norton Internet Security™.

Search for the name of the threat(s) listed below on the Symantec Security Response site for removal information.

Warning! The scan detected a virus that is active in your computer's memory.
The scan ended to prevent further infection.

You should shut down your computer immediately and restart it with an antivirus rescue disk or similar tool.

Your computer is infected with at least one known virus or Trojan horse.

Search for the name of the threat(s) listed below on the Symantec Security Response site for removal information.

Your computer is infected with at least one known virus or Trojan horse.

Note: The scan was cancelled before finishing. There may be more infected files on this computer.

A scan has not been run. To start Virus Detection, click here.

C:\Documents and Settings\Kelvin\msdirectx.sys is infected with Hacktool.Rootkit "

This is the result i get when i use online scanning. I canot excess to the tast manager. It just disapear when i try to click it after pressing ctrl alt del.

You need to set Norton to scan compressed files because the hacktool.rootkit is encrypted and compressed. Can you do that and scan again without aborting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom